WELCOME TO THE NYIT STEP PROGRAM!
STEP at New York Institute of Technology
This program is funded by the New York State Department of Education
The STEP program is designed to increase the number of historically underrepresented and disadvantaged students prepared to enter college, and improve their participation rate in:
* Health Related Fields
* Licensed Professions
STEP provides academic enrichment in science and mathematics content areas.
Projects consist of academic year and summer components including:
* CORE SUBJECT INSTRUCTION / REGENTS EXAM PREPARATION
* SUPERVISED PRACTICAL TRAINING
* SUPERVISED RESEARCH TRAINING
* COLLEGE ADMISSIONS COUNSELING
* STANDARDIZED TEST PREPARATION
* CAREER AWARENESS / DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
We employ resources at the state and local levels to enrich curriculum, disseminate information and share best practices.
For more information about the STEP at NYIT and this NING
Tom Diener, Grants Administrator
The New York State Education website